Monday, April 28, 2014

Goat on the Goat House

While the days seem to be warming up in Princeton (Ptown) , this spring in Ptuck (as Irv likes to call the Hippie House location) is still a bit cool and damp.  We have been up in Ptuck the last two weekends trying to get the 2 guest bedrooms and bathroom finished before Memorial Day.  I think it is fair to say they are 'guest ready' for the most part with the exception of the bathtub plumbing (which is currently operating on plumber time which is not like our time but more like 'whenever').

The yard is now cleaned up and seeded thanks to Jim, George and Dave referred by my Dad.
Now the detail work (weeding, edging and planting) is up to me and will be my summer and fall project ( along with some clean up of 'the doll house' and 'the goat house'.)  Irv surprised me with a permanent 'goat on things' (see 'goatonthings.tumblr.com) gift - a goat weathervane so a goat will always be on the roof

The dogs, however, have not been as energetic about pressing to get things done.  Their days consist of trying to get up on the furniture, scaring the neighborhood horses, barking at other dogs and sleeping

Caught in the act.

The horses ignoring me after Norman scared them.  

Irv's friend Linda from Nova Scotia stayed for an evening visit with her lovely dog .  Irv enjoyed catching up and I finally got to meet someone I have heard so much about.  She didn't even blink when we talked while running around trying to kill the giant flying ants that started to emerge in the library.  Nice!  And I had been just thinking how this house was (or so I thought) bug free versus Ptown ( ants and moths are hatching).  Reminder #1 of what I do like about Winter: no ants, snakes, moths, dead baby rabbits ( thx Norman), skunks or dead birds (again thx Norman).  

This week, we start to prepare for Irv's birthday trip to the English coast and savory pie making class!

No comments:

Post a Comment