Saturday, June 23, 2012

Timpano At Apple Blossom Time

Timpano Pan

Somehow the spring managed to completely evade me.  So much activity that today I am trying to catch up.  In April, my friend Gary joined us in a "Timpano Challenge".  My husband Irv had stumbled upon a cookbook at a Rummage sale that had the recipe for the Timpano in the movie Big Night - one of Gary's favorite movies.  Since I managed to both find what could be used as a Timpano pan in my attic (but I actually ended up buying a smaller one on Amazon) I thought why not - who best to try to make a Timpano but Gary.  So the challenge!



The outer pasta shell came out divine!  Gary truly is a master pasta maker.   Next came the assembly -- a combination of layers of meatballs, pasta, hard boiled eggs, salami, cheese, rigatoni and sauce.  Finally, the finished product!


Watch the video:  vimeo.com/40561326

No comments:

Post a Comment